Friday, February 6, 2009

Question

Walking down the hallways during lunch I noticed when ever I looked at a black woman the almost always looked away failing to make eye contact or speaking. I work in an environment where you more or less speak to any and everyone. Not to converse but just in passing if you make eye contact with someone you say hello, good morning anything. But not my sisters. They have a mood that might very well be trade marked cause its used at the club and other places as well. The I'm looking at something important on my phone even tho theres no signal in this building. Just something I observed. DOes any one else care to agree or disagree.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! After I read the "... no signal in the building line", I had to reserve a crying laugh to a small chuckle as not to disrupt others around my cube! After all, I'm supposed to be working right now! As a woman, I understand this infamous "trade mark" b/c we do disparately try to find ways to stay too preoccupied to avoid eye contact! Why? Men (and don’t front) always have a tendency to want to take things a step further... Don't lie - y'all do! I personally never want to encourage men I work with to propose some random invitation on me especially when I barely know them... "You free for lunch?" or "Want to go out for drinks after work?" Nah negro… No! Do you even work in this building?!? Men see a crack in the door and they want to push all the way through! Damn. So, is it logical to be nice and say "Hello!" only to have turn around and say, "No Thanks!" It's a catch 22! I must say, as I have matured, I’ve concluded there is no reason to be rude or discriminate to my male counterparts. Ladies, there is a subtle way to be very nice and approachable, while also letting him know you’re not interested because in reality, they really aren’t interested in you either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT WAS A COMMENT FROM A FRIEND.

    RESPONSE

    Nice and Simple. Men are trained to pursue. Its true. So the Monster you avoid is the same monster you made. In psychology I believe its called conditioning. We been conditioned since elementary school where we had to ask the girl who liked us to go with em. To adults who gotta pursue rather hard at the club even if she is interested before getting a phone number. So you gotta deal with it and just say hello before all the brothers are dating white women (Nothing against interracial dating). LOL

    ReplyDelete